The strategy seeks to exploit sub-optimal time horizons that have become a feature of the investment grade credit market. With no tolerance for short-term underperformance, many make decisions that are an overreaction to minor data, or make decisions that seek to perfectly time turning points in credit direction.
The second opportunity is what we perceived to be degradation in the quality of fundamental analysis in the market today. We focus on fundamental credit work, and being able to price the risk/reward of that work over our time horizon. In a market that determines prices based on the next headline or on noise, our depth of credit research that we employ allows us to attempt to capture value based on others' mistakes.
- Proprietary, rigorous, independent, bottom-up fundamental research process resulting in a deep understanding of issuer and industry dynamics
- Experienced team of investment grade corporate bond specialists executing a disciplined and repeatable process
- Active portfolio management to exploit varying market conditions with quantitative risk controls and qualitative risk assessments seek to minimize portfolio relative volatility.
- Excellent historical long-term track record
Investment ProcessRigorous bottom-up fundamental credit research
- Strong and independent research is the cornerstone of our process
- Proprietary risk and relative value rating system
- Small yield give ups in order to increase portfolio liquidity
- Change in fundamental credit assessment can result in immediate purchase or sale
- Experienced and dedicated portfolio managers and analysts are full partners in the portfolio construction and monitoring process
- The Team seeks to maximize return per unit of risk
- Well-diversified portfolios provide multiple potential sources of alpha, and allow the Team to let credit ideas come to fruition over the long term