Melda Mergen, CFA, CAIA
Global Head of Equities
As Global Head of Equities, Melda leads the company's equity investment team capabilities.
- Also serves as portfolio manager for multiple equity strategies
- Co-chairs the N.A. Diversity and Inclusion Group and the process for ensuring the integrity of the firm’s investment strategies
- Previously held the role of deputy global head of equities, where she led the company's U.S.-based equity team capabilities.
- Led the Investment Consultancy & Oversight (5P) team
- Was a senior equity quantitative research analyst, developing and implementing quantitative stock selection models, portfolio risk budgeting and analysis, portfolio optimization and performance attribution
- Named one of the 2020 Global Top 100 Executive Allies by LBGT Great
- Holds the Chartered Financial Analyst® and Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst designations
- Member of Boston Security Analysts Society and CFA Institute
- Joined one of the Columbia Threadneedle Investments legacy firms in 1999 and has been a member of the investment community since then
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst, MBA
- Bogazici University, B.A., economics