The Team’s process is a combination of both top down and bottom-up analysis and focuses on five potential sources of risk and return: country allocation, duration and yield curve positioning, currency allocation, sector rotation and security selection.
The team employs a fundamentally driven process supported by quantitative modeling and the analysis of current market conditions.
The Team believes that adding value for clients consistently requires an emphasis on risk-adjusted returns, in which the pursuit of out performance is balanced against the active risk taken.
- Experienced team of global specialists who have been managing global fixed income portfolios since 1989
- A deep and stable investment team averaging 19 years of industry experience*
- An emphasis on risk- adjusted returns
- An extensive commitment to fundamental fixed income research
- Portfolio construction within a rigorous risk management framework
- Excellent historical track record
Investment ProcessWhen constructing global fixed portfolios we focus on:
- Taking measured position sizes
- Diversification among countries and issuers
- Calibrating portfolio risk to match clients’ investment guidelines and risk tolerance
- Top-down positioning of portfolio given market outlook and environment
- Bottom-up security selection, leveraging the expertise of the Columbia Management fixed income sector teams in the management of sector and sub-sector allocations
- The Global Rates and Currency Team reviews portfolio positions and risks on a daily basis
- The Team oversees and coordinates the process, ensuring thematic consistency within the context of each client’s guidelines